Be a part of Friends of Re:new! December 29 2015, 0 Comments
It’s a wonderful time to be a part of the Re:new community! Whether part of Re:new’s online community of shoppers, or customers who frequent our Store + Studio, or whether a generous business or personal friend who supports our programs to refugee women with donations of time, volunteerism, or contributions, we are so grateful for you! It is because of your support that so many exciting transitions occurred for our nonprofit organization in 2015, providing the groundwork for continued growth in 2016.
Together, we accomplished a lot for the precious refugee Artisans and Re:new in 2015:
• Gloria fulfilled a dream of launching her own floral business.
• Ibtisam enrolled full-time in community college to pursue her dream in fashion design.
• Fatma fulfilled a dream of becoming a homeowner.
• We expanded special partnerships to include six Whole Foods locations in the Chicagoland area.
• We produced an upcycled travel bag for United Airlines, designed by students from the Columbia College School of Fashion in Chicago.
• We increased the New Student Sewing Class to two mornings of training per week.
• We moved from our home in the Wheaton College East Campus building into a storefront in downtown Glen Ellyn on Main Street, the heart of the retail district.
While our primary mission is to create a space for refugee women to thrive by offering a safe, dignified, and fun work environment, we are excited to do more for these precious refugee women and their families in 2016.
In 2016, we dream to:
• Train and employ more refugee women.
• Offer scholarship assistance to Artisans enrolled in ESL, GED, or Community College.
• Expand Artisan care, management and development programs.
In order to achieve our goals and increase our impact, we are introducing Friends of Re:new.
Friends of Re:new is made up of caring individuals who have a heart to help refugee families thrive by providing financial contributions on a monthly basis. In short, Friends of Re:new is the vehicle that connects compassionate donors with tangible opportunities to impact refugees resettled in DuPage County, Illinois.
A very generous supporter of Re:new is offering a $10,000 match gift challenge to all new members of Friends of Re:new.
For every new commitment made to Friends of Re:new, the entire year sum will be matched upfront.
This means your monthly gift of $25 becomes $300. Your recurring gift of $50 becomes $600. Your ongoing gift of $100 becomes $1,200.
In this month of December, during the Christmas season, we are looking to raise 50 Friends who will support Re:new at $50 per month. 50 Friends at $50 monthly will generate $30,000 in additional revenue, allowing Re:new to hire more refugees and expand programs to support their emotional, social, spiritual and economic well-being as they adjust to living in the United States.
Will you take a step of faith and partner with the precious refugee Artisans by joining our team of monthly supporters, Friends of Re:new?
For more information on Friends of Re:new, please visit our website by clicking HERE.
Wishing you a very happy New Year.
Susan Tripi DeLano